by Greg Case
Perfect for a romantic Valentine's dinner or to enjoy with the fresh fruits and berries of the summer, the Angel Food Cake unlocks a world of desserts and sweet treats for you to enjoy.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups of egg whites, separated.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF
2. Warm eggs to room temperature by either letting them sit for 30 minutes, or 5 minutes in hot water.
3. Separate the eggs. Remove the yolk, and pour whites into the blender.
4. Sift flour and sugar 5 times to ensure airiness, and remove any lumps.
5. Beat the eggs in a mixer until the whisk leaves trails in the batter. When the batter sticks straight up to a point on the whisk, it is ready.
6. Add cream of tartar and combine.
7. Pour batter into a larger pan to hand mix with.
8. Sift in thirds of your flour and sugar mixture, folding it in between, removing any lumps and air pockets.
9. Pour in Angel Food Cake pan, remove air bubbles, and level the top of the batter.
10. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cool while inverted