by Julie Geary
The essential ingredients are boursin cheese (a soft creamy cheese), a thin piece of prosciutto, and phyllo dough.
4 sheets phyllo dough
4 tablespoons butter, melted
6 ounces prosciutto
6 ounces Boursin Cheese
12 pieces of asparagus
While preparing recipe, put about 6 cups of water on to blanche the asparagus. (note: This can be done ahead of time.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Lay out two sheets of phyllo dough and butter one side with a brush. (Set aside other pieces after wrapping in a damp towel.)
2. Trim about one-half of a piece of prosciutto and lay flat.
3. Spread about a teaspoon of Boursin cheese and spread on one side of the prosciutto.
4. Lay one piece of the asparagus onto the prosciutto and roll up.
5. Cut the sheet of Phyllo into strips about as wide as the prosciutto and lay aside.
6. One at a time, place the rolled up asparagus and prosciutto onto a phyllo strip and roll up like a cigar.
7. Place rolls onto a baking sheet (seem side down) and bake in oven about 10 to 12 minutes.
Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Julie Geary, Classic Caterers, 2010.