by Heather Atwood
This Baked Leeks recipe is the one new recipe that is so delicious - and so seasonally legitimate - it is destined to become a family tradition.
1 tablespoon butter for greasing
12 medium-large leeks, green off, white split and sliced into rounds
2 cups mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces grappa or vodka
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an oval dish with the butter.
2. Place leeks in a large bowl. In smaller bowl place and combine the mascarpone cheese, nutmeg, pepper, salt and grappa (or vodka, depending on which you choose to use).
3. Scrape mixture into leeks bowl and combine gently with two forks.
4. Spoon mixture into greased baking dish and spread evenly.
5. Scatter parmesan cheese over the mixture. Bake for 20- 25 minutes, or until deep golden crust forms.