by Annie Schennum
Of all of the countless things you can do with your farm fresh apples this season make sure you cook up a batch of your own applesauce with this easy and delicious recipe from Chef Annie Schennum.
¼ cup of water
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1. Peel and quarter apples then chop them into small chunks.
2. Add apples to pan and cover with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Put pan on low heat to dissolve sugar.
4. Once sugar is dissolved cover pan and let simmer until apples are soft, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
5. When the apples are done remove from heat and puree until mixture is smooth.