by Stephanie Smith
With common ingredients and a skillet, cipollini onions are transformed into a stellar side dish. Learn how to make Caramelized Balsamic Onions in this recipe video.
2 lbs cipollini onions
2 cups beef broth
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp balsamic
1. Peel the onions to remove any skin.
2. Over medium heat, add beef broth, balsamic and butter to a medium-large skillet.
3. Allow the butter to melt before adding peeled, whole, cipollini onions.
4. Cover the skillet, and heat for 15 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
5. Remove the lid from the skillet, and let them simmer 3-5 minutes. This will reduce the liquids into a syrupy glaze.
6. Plate the onions for service, and garnish them with a few sprinkles of rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of Stephanie Smith, 2013