Egg-Rachnids: Spider Topped Deviled Eggs
by Mystery Chef
Creeping into our Mystery Chef’s Halloween boneyard party are Egg-Rachnids – spider eggs at their finest. Transforming our favorite dishes into something special is what our Mystery Chef does best.
Ingredients12 eggs18 whole black olives, pitted12 tablespoons deviled egg filling, made from:12 egg yolks4 tablespoons grilled skinless eggplant2 tablespoons mayonnaise2 teaspoons sriracha1 teaspoon sea salt2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Hard-boil the eggs. To hard-boil, place the eggs in room-temperature water in a pot, bring the water to a boil. Turn off the gas and leave the eggs in until everything has cooled. This will ensure a perfectly hard-boiled egg.
- Take the shell off, discard, and cut each egg in half and scoop out the yolk (save the yolk the filling).
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the filling ingredients together into puree consistency and place a tablespoon into each egg half.
- Cut the black olive in half. The half will be the spider body. Then take the other half and cut into 4 slices, for one set of legs. Then cut the next olive in half and cut the other set of legs. (Spiders have eight legs.) With tweezers, place the feet on either side of the spider’s body.
- Use the remaining half olive for the next spider body. Repeat until all of the spiders are made, one per half egg.
- Place all of the spider-topped eggs on a colorful orange platter for maximum effect. Enjoy and have a Happy Halloween.