Franken-Fingers: Edible Severed Fingers
by Mystery Chef
Our Mystery Chef has been working late in the lab to create the latest offering for the Halloween boneyard party – Franken-fingers.
Ingredients8 whole hotdogs (or frankfurters)3 tablespoons ketchup4 slices baby Swiss cheese
- Cut the hotdog into two even pieces.
- From the natural end (not the newly severed end) scoop out a little off the top, making an indentation resembling a nail.
- Place a little ketchup into that indentation; spread it out so that it looks like nail polish.
- Cut the Swiss cheese slice into four long, even pieces. Roll each slice around the base of the hotdog, the severed part, not the nail end.
- Repeat this with all of the hotdogs, making fingers and arranging them on a plate in a circular fashion.
- With a ketchup-filled plastic syringe (or a small table spoon) brush the severed end of the hotdog with ketchup, to simulate blood. Happy Halloween.