by Greg Case
Whether this is your first time, or your 50th, hosting, this Green Bean Casserole is a recipe you'll want to have on your table year after year.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Pinch ground black pepper
4 cups green beans, cut (be sure to remove the ends)
1 1/3 cup french fried onions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once at a rolling boil, add the cut green beans. Allow to cook for 5 - 10 minutes or until soft.
3. While the green beans are boiling, mix together soup, milk soy sauce, pepper, beans and 2/3 cup fried onions in a medium bowl.
4. Pour the mixture into 1/2- quart casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Stir mixture and sprinkle the remaining onions on top.
5. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe curtesy of Greg "Mr. Cake" Case, 2012.