by Nick Rabar
Born and bread in the heart of Rhode Island in the 1980's this legendary pizza preparation is not only fun to make, it's easy and delicious. Learn how to make the traditional Grilled Margherita Pizza in this how to video recipe.
1 raw pizza dough, 8oz
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 vine ripe Roma tomato
1 large mozzarella ovalini
½ cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
½ cup crushed tomatoes
8 basil leaves, chiffonade (cut into thin strips)
1 ounce Parmesan Regianno
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of pepper
1. On a well-oiled cutting board, stretch dough by hand until thin. Stretch the dough out with your fingers, not a rolling pin.
2. Place dough on a well-seasoned, preheated, cast iron stove top grill pan over medium heat and cook until golden brown grill marks form (about 4 minutes). Flip dough and lower heat.
3. Add sliced mozzarella, sliced roma tomatoes, shredded cheese and crushed tomatoes.
4. Cover using an inverted sauté pan or tall pot cover. Cook until cheese has melted.
5. Remove and top with basil, Parmesan, pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!