by Jennifer Scala McGrath
These Italian Wedding Cookies are very similar to the Russian Tea Cake and the Snowball Cookies but use butter and almonds instead.
1 1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/4 cup ground almonds
3 cups flour
A bowl of powdered sugar as needed for coating the finished cookies
1. Mix the sugar and butter with mixer.
2. Add the almond and vanilla extracts with the salt. After mixing, add the almonds.
3. Add flour to the mix and incorporate all of the flour. It should only take about 20 seconds and be crumbly to the touch.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, about golf ball size. Place on a baking pan that is greased or use parchment paper. Place the balls about 1 inch apart.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. (Makes around 60 cookies)
4. When they cool, roll them in powdered sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Scala-McGrath, Cookies by Jenn, 2011.