by Laurie Lufkin
The official name for these prize-winners is Cooked Perfect New England Turkey Meatball Mini Slider Paninis.
Half-ounce Cooked Perfect Turkey meatballs - 18
Good quality mayonnaise - 1/3 cup
Whole berry cranberry sauce - 2/3 cup
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tablespoon
Tart apple such as Honey Crisp, thinly sliced - 1 or 2
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
Fresh baby arugula
Potato rolls or small soft buns - 12
1. Place meatballs in a microwave safe dish. Heat on full power for 4-5 minutes, stir and heat again for one minute.
2. Allow to rest until cool enough to touch. Cut in half.
3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
4. To prepare sandwiches, spread cranberry mayonnaise on the insides of both sides of the rolls.
5. Layer on halved Cooked Perfect Turkey Meatballs, flat side down.
6. Top meatballs with sliced apples, followed by the cheese and baby arugula.
7. Top with the other half of the roll.
8. Preheat electric panini press or cast iron pan.
9. Lightly butter one side of the slider and place on the pan or press, butter side down.
10. Lightly butter remaining side of the roll and press.
11. Cook until roll is lightly browned, cheese is melted and sandwich is heated thoroughly.
12. Makes 12 sliders, enjoy!
*Recipe can be made with any style of Cooked Perfect meatballs.
Recipe courtesy of Laurie Lufkin, Host of Inspired Cooking, 2010.