by David Foegley
Straight from the kitchen at Harry and Izzy's in Indianapolis, IN, this recipe for Peppercorn Sirloin Steak is too good to need a side dish. Learn how to perfect a New York Sirloin with Chef David Foegley in this video recipe.
1 16oz. New York sirloin steak
¼ cup crushed peppercorns
1 teaspoon brandy
1/2 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon orange
2 tablespoons of steak sauce
1 stem of parsley
1. Coat the steak in crushed peppercorns on both sides.
2. Preheat your oven to 350ºF
3. Prepare a pan on medium-high heat before placing the steak on.
4. Sear the steak on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
5. If the pan can go into the oven, place the entire thing in the oven. Otherwise transfer the steak to a baking dish, and cook for 6-10 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 95ºF
6. Serve with steak sauce, or create your own blending, brandy, butter, orange and steak sauce. You may want to reduce the blend in a pan in order to further enhance the flavors. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.