by Sheree (DeLorenzo) Zizik
Pumpkin bread is a holiday tradition and treat for many. Serve this with the honey butter recipe.
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 cups of refined sugar
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup of water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups pureed pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and sugar, then add nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix all ingredients with a whisk.
3. In another mixing bowl, add eggs and scramble. To the eggs add pumpkin, oil, and vanilla and mix all together until smooth.
4. Ad d the dry ingredients that were mixed together, 1/3 at a time, and mix until smooth.
5. Oil two nine inch bread pans and lightly powder with flour. Add pumpkin mixture to each bread pan, filling 2/3 of the pan.
6. Bake in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Serve with Homemade Honey Butter (see recipe below).
Homemade Honey Butter (Recipe)
Yield: ½ cup
½ cup butter (1 stick)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 to 1/2 tablespoons of honey
1. Whip butter with mixer until it becomes fluffy and aerated.
2. Add brown sugar and continue mixing, scarping down bowl when necessary.
3. Add honey and finish mixing, scraping bowl at least one more time.
Recipe courtesy of Sheree DeLorenzo, Seaport Grille, 2009.