by Jancey Smith
A healthy alternative to anything you'll find at the movie theater or even make in the microwave, homemade Ranch Flavored Popcorn is quite easy to prepare. Learn how to make this healthy snack in minutes.
1 tablespoon oil
1/8 cup corn kernels
1 tablespoon dehydrated ranch dressing
1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon oil (for seasoning)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
2. Add corn kernels to the pan, and shake frequently. Cover the kernels with a lid.
3. Once kernels begin to pop, continue to shake, and keep on the heat until popping slows.
4. Move the popcorn to a large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, combine spices;:old bay, garlic powder, sugar, ranch, and ¼ teaspoon oil.
6. Mix the spices together until well incorporated.
7. Sprinkle the spice on the popcorn and serve. Makes enough spice mix for two servings of popcorn, so any extra can be saved for a later date.