by Alex Pardo
With just two ingredients, Alex Pardo took a traditional Italian dish and transformed it to a dish with his signature Mexican flair.
1 chicken breast
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pound the chicken breast until flattened.
2. Place cheese and cilantro on the chicken breast (bottom side up).
3. Roll the chicken breast to contain the cheese and cilantro.
4. Place on a baking tray coated with olive oil.
5. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Place the chicken in an oven preheated to 375 degrees, and let cook for about 30 minutes.
7. Top the chicken with your favorite gravy or sauce.
8. Enjoy this fast, simple, and delicious dish with your favorite side.
Recipe courtesy of Alex Pardo of Jalapeno's, Gloucester, MA, 2012.