by Heather Atwood
Loaded with folate, fiber and vitamin C, this video recipe for Spicy Guacamole is secretly good for you. Learn how to make this recipe and other avocado and guacamole dip recipes.
1 hass avocado, with pit
1 teaspoon onion, diced
1 teaspoon cilantro/coriander
1 teaspoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon soy sauce (wheat-free)
1. Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Keep the pit around for the end.
2. Empty avocado shell and mash it in a medium bowl using a fork, spoon or rubber spatula. You may either mash to create chunky or smooth guacamole.
3. Add onions and spices. Mix together well.
4. Add the lemon juice and soy sauce. Mix together until well incorporated.
5. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
6. To keep the guacamole a fresh green color, either drizzle lemon or lime juice over the dish, or simply place the pit of the avocado in the middle of the bowl.
Recipe Courtesy Heather Atwood, 2013.