by Rosanne LeBlanc
Make your own candy with this helpful video tutorial for Turtle Candy. From melting chocolate and caramel to making cute edible creations, this how-to video teaches you many useful techniques.
2 tablespoons chocolate
7-10 roasted pecans (unsalted)
1. Melt the chocolate so that you can use a spatula or spoon to pour. In the microwave, melt the chocolate in a microwaveable cup, and heat at 12 seconds at a time.
2. On a piece of parchment, make a chocolate “puddle” about the size of a silver dollar.
3. Place the pecans around the edges. The chocolate will spread out. Place a few more pecans and a bit more chocolate in the middle of the turtle.
4. Allow the chocolate to harden by either placing it in the refrigerator, or letting it sit for a few minutes.
5. Create a caramel ball, and flatten it into a disk so that it will cover the nuts and chocolate. After you lay down the caramel, cover the top with more chocolate and allow it to harden.